K-Pop is LOVE♥
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
K-Pop is LOVE♥

Welcome to the KPOP world.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[G/ONE-SHOT] A Plastic Heart

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1[G/ONE-SHOT] A Plastic Heart Empty [G/ONE-SHOT] A Plastic Heart Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:47 pm

Jooeun

Jooeun

DISCLAIMER:
©️ Gee (Jooeun) 2010. All rights reserved. Distribution of any kind is prohibited without the written consent of Gee.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A Plastic HEART
I couldn’t do anything more but just be a toy that is hindered by spider webs.

AUTHOR'S NOTES
Gee gee gee~ came back with one-shot! Just to inform you that this isn't a K-pop a story. This has the ambiance of alternate universe with a concoction of fantasy and angst. Truth be told, I'm actually more experienced in writing depressing and horrific genre stories (maybe because the deep usage of uncommon vocabulary lol.) Believe it or not, this is the first story I ever completed and finished before Sworn Secrecy. So basically, I also fixed the chinks of this piece a year ago. I apologize if this one gives you major confusion and lack of information. Plus, I think this was properly (and evenly) more written unlike SS. But anyway, like I've mentioned...I still was an amateur writer back then. Also, if you have questions to ask about the story, don't hesitate, alright? (:

Without further adieu, I present to you, A Plastic Heart.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I’m Charlotte. Charlotte Cleaver to be exact. First and for most, I’m once a human. Yes, you heard me correctly. I’m once alive and I once had a life. I can do things any human could and can; until something tragic happened to me. More than anything, I regretted my last and first visit, a regret I’ll always carry, no one ever knew what happened to me after. They thought I was dead, but I guess they must say that. Nobody knows my story yet, but you might as well should. My once known heart became hard plastic…

I was once an average girl walking down the shore of the beach. Everybody claims me to be a ‘one beauty wonder’. But I definitely doubt that; To Whom It May Concern; why was I here in the first place?

I was supposed to be married in the middle of October, which is in a few weeks. Every girl in the country got envious of me for having such a fiancé. As he would brag, he is very rich, which in my case of judgment, I sincerely hate him.

At first, I thought it was rumor. But ever since my parents terribly announced it in our family reunion, I was rather shocked at that moment. I was certainly frozen.

I simply wasn’t happy about the outcome. I never felt what love truly means. Don’t get me wrong, I felt it once with my significant other but it wasn’t enough or real.

I was deeply thinking of what next would happen to me after I marry him. I don’t know why, but questions bombarded my mind. I wasn’t supposed to be thinking of family thoughts at this situation, but it was just unexplainable. Just to tell you the truth; I don’t want to do this, but do I even have a choice?

I sighed deeply as I looked out the distance. Water from the sea kissed my feet. Shivers suddenly went down my spine. I already knew it was midnight; I retreated back to our mansion. I shook my head slowly. What am I going to do?

The Next Day...

I watched as our family and closest friends chat the day away. Surprisingly, today is our engagement party. Trust me; I wasn‘t enjoying a second of it. I relaxed myself down the Victorian armchair, our visitor’s chit-chatted so much about the goings on in their lives. I kept my eyes gazing at an ambrosia salad, I have been craving for those, though I was rather disappointed at the fact I’m too depressed about the celebration. I stood up to roam around until someone blocked my way.

“Charlotte Cleaver, thank you so much for inviting me. This is a really great opportunity. Well not that I’m proud of myself, but for you to be getting married. I never knew you could find such a man. Congratulations.” Roselle, my sworn enemy said in a fake happy tone accompanied by a sly smile. It’s just a lot of ridiculous crap.

I chuckled lightly while I narrowed my gaze at her. “Don’t get your hopes too high. If you really think I’m in too him. Then you’re incorrect. I’m not stupid enough to fall for an obnoxious and overly-confident man like him. He doesn’t really like me for who I am, but for my looks. I know it. But if you’re thinking of something completely different, you’re just simply an idiot. Just because both of you had a thing before, doesn’t mean it’ll affect me. It never did. You just better not regret that once I walk down that aisle, you have no chance of taking him from me.” I fired backed calmly at her with a bit of anger rising. Her mouth hung agape never knowing me to be so feisty. I smirked evilly at Roselle and shoved passed her making her fall to the ground. I heard gasps coming from her copycats.

“She better watch out. I’ll teach her a lesson she’ll never forget. Just watch out Charlotte Cleaver, nothing and nobody gets in the way of me and my beloved.” She hissed loudly. Stupid girl thinks her plans escaped my ears. I scoffed.

“Attention everyone…” The announcer coughed then swallowed a lump. “Attention, please! Dinner is served.” I slowly closed my eyes in anticipation. I sat down on one of the dinner tables with my family and of course without neglecting him. The first course was zucchini soup. I picked up the soup spoon on my right. I took a sip and felt the warm flavor slide down my throat. After awhile, I felt the bitter after taste. I didn’t mind at first so I took several more sips.

I suddenly felt a tingling sensation on my tongue. I started coughing so many times; it alerted the guests of the situation. I was now surrounded by so many people. I couldn’t concentrate on what was happening. Half of the poison was now scattered inside my body. I was weakening and my vision was starting to get blurry. I felt hard thugs hit my back. It was making everything worst. My coughing was getting heavier. I didn’t know what to do anymore; the next thing I knew is I blacked out…

“Don’t worry Mister and Misses Cleaver. You’re daughter is perfectly fine. We checked her thoroughly, and her vital signs are ok; there’s no more poison left inside her body. The poison has been purged and not a single drop is left. But there is one more thing; the poison contained an unknown fluid. I’m very sorry to say this but the toxin has permanently disfigured her face. We can’t proceed with surgery without your permission, and we hope that we won’t have to continue with it. It might lead her to the afterlife, not to mention how great the trauma would be for her. We tried our best to come up with a much safer plan, but it’s a fifity-fifty scenario; we will use a bovie pencil to burn her lumps. But, there’s a problem after that, she cannot get exposed in sunlight or the burnt marks will affect her skin even more; we’ll prevent her with a gauze after she gets discharged out of the hospital. This procedure will take a year to end…”

I woke up all due to tiredness and nonetheless I’m slightly recovered. I looked around and saw the walls in white whilst the furniture. I knew right back then I’m inside a hospital. I touched my left cheek and felt no infection. I checked the other one and felt large lumps covering half of my face. I panicked as I search for a mirror. I heard the door creaked open and saw both my parents looking at me with worried expressions on their faces. “Mother what happened to my face?! Why do I have these lumps on my face?!” I shrieked in terror while tears filled my eyes. What happened to me? Who would do such a thing? My mother suddenly rushed towards me and cradled me in her arms. I laid my head on her chest as I cried nonstop throughout the day.

I’m now back at home inside my bedroom. I looked at my reflection. I stared at myself as I scanned my disfigured face studying my appearance. I was actually getting used to myself looking so different. Until now, I still don’t know who poisoned my meal. After remembering all those painful sorrows, I felt a warm droplet on my cheek. My tears started flowing. I tried to stop myself from crying, but I told myself, “What’s the use?” Just looking myself at the mirror; made me feel that I’m not part of this world anymore. Why is it so hard for me to let go?

I’ve heard a lot of rumors of a witch doctor. I’ve heard that he can make anything back to its normal state. He likes to experiment and already cured so many people. I think he’s my way out of this predicament.

Hence, he lives somewhere in the middle of the dark woods. It’s far from here.

I’ve been thinking this thoroughly and I’ve made my decision. It’s dangerous, but this is the only way to get myself back. Tonight, I’ll sneak out of the mansion and go to the hidden woods and search for the witch doctor. It’s said that it’s easy to identify his lair. This might just be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Midnight strikes. I climbed outside of my bedroom window. I turned around and took a last glance at my home. Mother, father…I am truly sorry….

I hugged my hooded cape tightly as I venture through the dark woods. It was raining hard and the thunderstorm roared angrily across the sky. Fear was starting to consume me but I still continued through my path. The closer I get, the more I could see a lair up ahead. I hasten my pace; finally, I stood at the witch doctor’s lair. Such things I believe in…

I walked slowly toward the crooked door of the lair. I saw no figure inside only fizzing dangerous chemicals on top of the counters. It looked so tempting to touch but that would be crazy for me to do. I was about to walk closer on something suspicious; but not until a voice came from behind my back. “What can I help you with my dear?”

I quickly turned around and saw a middle-aged man standing in front of the door. He was wearing a dirty robe with specimen or chemical stains on it. His left leg’s attached to a stake. I looked at him in shock while he smiled at me evilly. I wanted so badly to leave but he was guarding the door. He spoke once again and that made me flinch. “Do not worry young lady, I don’t bite nor kill.”

“Is that so?” I asked dumbfounded while standing like an idiot. “Yes, of course. You have heard rumors—“

“—yes I have. I heard you cure people?” He suddenly went towards me whilst I was observing his every move. My knees were getting weaker as he came closer. I knew that he wanted to contemplate my face; but I don’t want some stranger do skin ship. I slowly let down the hood of my cape and saw him raise an eyebrow.

He studied my face carefully like I was a piece of sculpture. The witch doctor nodded his head sluggishly in realization. “Interesting…you’ve come to the right place. Please, follow me.” I trailed behind him and led me to a room with a single bed filled with tools for surgery. My eyes widened in horror but what was the point of coming here if I was to be scared? “Wh-what must I do then?” I asked stuttering.

The witch doctor gestured for me to lie on the crooked bed. I was numb that I didn’t know what unexpected thing he‘ll do to me. He went and got several unfamiliar looking tools and sharpened them carefully one by one. After he finished, he went toward me and lifted my chin. “Remember my dear; just relax yourself and drift off to the underworld—I mean unknown world. I want you not to think of the pain. Just remember that you’re blank and emotionless.” He ordered me strictly; all I can return was a nod.

All of a sudden, I felt a needle pierced my skin, it was tranquilizer! My eyes were getting heavier and I could no longer control them. Soon, I was laid relaxingly on the bed drifting off somewhere deep…

I don’t see anything but darkness. Loud drills, blade cuts and lightning was heard all over the dark woods. Wolves howled to the moon. Crickets’ habiting sounds echoed throughout. The icy chills of the night cooled more the waves of the beach. The moon attracts the waves which made a big splash on the shore. Hence, painful sobs from our mansion was heard as my mother screeched in loss. With this dreadful night, everything might be impossible.

I’ve finally led myself to condemn. I truthfully regretted my first and last visit. I always thought; looks can be deceiving when I first saw the wicked doctor, and I was right all along. It was the stupidest mistake I’ve ever done. I made such a fool out of myself that I didn’t even think of the consequences that could happen to me.

I made my family have the deepest grief and I became a child’s toy. My heart was so fragile it broke into a thousand pieces, but was that even possible for me now? No, that can’t happen to me, ever again.

After what happened at the lair, I was now part of his collection. I was left there in a corner leaning on to one of his transformation machines. My arms and legs were stitched together preventing me from detaching. My lumps were all gone, which I was half thankful. That’s the reason why I have a stitch on my right cheek.

I, Charlotte Cleaver have turned into an innocent doll. I couldn’t do anything more but just be a toy that is hindered by spider webs. But as your curiosity asks, how did the turn into such a phenomenon? As for my answer, I myself don’t know either the reason. It’s my now fate that will lead me to the answer. Now I know that I’m just a dumb person that can instantly be messed around so easily.

As a doll, neither did I felt any pain nor such harm. But for the witch doctor’s failure and schemes, it might take a lot of years; but I began to develop little-by-little.

The moonlight hit my face which is my only comfort. As time goes by, my Plastic Heart has found its beat.
The End

Last edited by Jooeun on Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:37 pm; edited 4 times in total

2[G/ONE-SHOT] A Plastic Heart Empty Re: [G/ONE-SHOT] A Plastic Heart Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:53 pm

Maknae YeJun★

Maknae YeJun★
Admin

Ohh~ A one shot~
YOU MADE A ONE SHOT BEFORE SWORN SECRECY?
Dude, you're OSM !! ^^
I wanna read~ ^^

- - - -

She turned into a doll ! I think I heard you talk about this.. someone turning into a doll? Sorry, I kinda forgot. ><
Weeell, It's osm, btw !! Your really good~ ^^
I wish Aliyah can read this. But I doubt she can understand it. lol! [Sorry Aliyahhhh~ ILABYOU. XD]

You should make more of these~ ^^

https://welovekpop.forumotion.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum